At LEARN, we interconnect universities, higher education institutes, and research institutions to enable groundbreaking discoveries and learning. We're seeking a Kubernetes Engineer to join our dynamic team and be a driving force behind our mission.
- Be part of a team that directly impacts education and research in Sri Lanka.
- Work with cutting-edge technology and expand your knowledge.
- Collaborate with leading universities and research institutes.
- Make a difference in a vibrant and meaningful field.
Kubernetes Engineer is responsible for managing LEARN container orchestration platforms to provide reliable web based applications such as LMS/CMS (Learning Management System/Content Management System) as a service to its member institutions.
- Thorough understanding of Linux OS and its architecture
- Real world experience in running open source applications on Linux
- Knowledge and experience in Linux based hypervisors/virtualisation platforms (KVM, QEMU, libvirt, Ganeti, Proxmox).
- Expert on Docker/Linux containers with working experience in deploying containerised applications.
- In depth knowledge and experience in Kubernetes container orchestration platform k8s including its complete architecture.
- Good understating of Kubernetes cluster networking, network policies, ingress controllers, Redis clustering.
- Sound knowledge and experience in Kuberneters storages and its use of CEPH storage
- Knowledge and experience in open source software provisioning, configuration management and deployment tool sets such as Ansible
- Taking necessary measure to protect the platform and its services from threats and vulnerabilities
- Automated monitoring of server hardware, VMs, cluster nodes, container instances and services to detect failures.
- Assuring protection of institutional data stored LEARN servers
- Assuring reliable services to its users
- Keeping the virtulization platforms and all its tools and softwares up to date.
- Scaling up the system while the demand increasing
- Supporting institutional administrators/engineers to get LEARN provided platforms well managed
Required Qualifications and Skills
1. The position targets those who have at least two years experience in working in Linux and Kubernetes. This is not an engineer trainee position.
2. In your application, briefly justify your knowledge/qualification and working experiences with evidence in relevance to the above requirements.
3. A bachelor’s degree in computer engineering / Telecommunication Engineering / Physical Science with Statistics/ Computer Science
Salary & Benefits
- The starting salary offered for applicant with two years prior experience will be LKR 139,104/- per month, along with a fixed allowance of Rs. 96,300/- per month.
- Both local and overseas trainings/workshops
- Financial support to obtain necessary certification and for professional development
- Structured career path within the organization
Workplace: Peradeniya, Kandy
Join LEARN, and help us shape the future of education and research in Sri Lanka. Your expertise can make a world of difference! Apply today and be a part of something extraordinary.
If you satisfy the qualifications outlined above and are attracted to this opportunity, kindly complete the form below by providing the necessary details.
* Applications will be processed in the order they are received, and qualified candidates will be contacted accordingly.
*All the documents should be in the PDF format and renamed accordingly. The resume should be renamed to the name of the applicant.
* Please note that applications not adhering to the provided instructions will not be taken into consideration.