Lanka Education and Research Network (LEARN) is the National Research and Education Network (NREN) of Sri Lanka. A National Research and Education Network (NREN) is a specialized Internet Service Provider (ISP) dedicated to support the needs of the research and education communities within a country, and it is distinguished by support for a high-speed backbone network, often offering dedicated channels for individual research projects, in addition to providing many other services.
LEARN currently interconnects the University Grants Commission (UGC), the Ministry of Education, all the UGC funded State Universities, many public universities under other ministries, and several national research institutions, including the National Science Foundation (NSF) and Arthur C Clarke Institute for Modern Technologies.
Applications are hereby invited from citizens of Sri Lanka for the Finance Executive position in our office located at the University of Peradeniya. This position will initially be offered as a one-year Contract basis position with the possibility of permanency based on performance.
The finance Executive is responsible for direct, monitor and effectively control the accounting processes and ensure that the Company’s monthly, Quarterly, bi-annually, and year-end financial statements are in accordance with the Financial Reporting Standards and reflect a true and fair view of the Company’s financial position.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Keeping the management including the Consultants and BoD on the accurate financial standing of the Company.
- Propose strategies to improve the financial activities of LEARN to the management and execute them on their approval in timely manner.
- Maintaining the cash book (main current account) and the other bank accounts, including fixed deposits, fund management accounts and other investments.
- Preparing payment vouchers, drawing cheques and online transfers under due approvals without delays to respective parties while communicating/ updating with them.
- Ensure that the Company complies with all local statutory tax and reporting requirements.
- Timely preparation of Annual published Audited accounts.
- Reimbursements or making payments for foreign travels as well as projects.
- Preparing reports monthly, quarterly, and annually as required by the decision-makers (Managers, Consultants, BoD).
- Checking and confirming the invoices prepared by the Finance Executive before sending them to the members.
- Keeping records of all accounts/ transactions transparently with complete sets of supporting documents in both hard and digital copies daily.
- Drive and coordinate to ensure the optimal use of QB System.
- Attending to any other official work assigned by Operations Manager, Consultants or the BoD. Giving support in workshops, meetings, conferences and any other special event organized by LEARN.
Qualification and Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree which is recognized by the UGC or an equivalent professional qualification.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Proven work experience as a Junior Finance Executive/ Accounts Assistant will be an added advantage.
Salary & Benefits
- Salary Scale: Rs. 70,000 – 6 x 5,600 – Rs. 103,600 p.m. (increment step with experience)
- Cost of living allowance of Rs. 7,800/= and other government approved allowances
- Both local and overseas trainings/workshops
- Financial support to obtain necessary certification and for professional development
- Structured career path within the organization
- A resume with two non-related referees and their contact details, educational, professional qualifications with the records of past experience.
- Proof documents including the copies of the certificates, service letters and other relevant documents.
This position will be offered as one-year Fixed term Contract with the possibility of extension/permanency based on performance.
All the documents should be in the PDF format and renamed accordingly. The resume should be renamed to the name of the applicant.
The applications should be emailed to email@example.com with the subject of the emails as “Application for the Position of Finance Executive”
*Applications which do not comply with the above instructions will not be considered.
Closing Date: 22nd February 2023