The Lanka Education and Research Network (LEARN) is the National Research and Education Network (NREN) in Sri Lanka. We interconnect universities, other higher education, and research institutes in Sri Lanka and provide networking related services to them. We are a company limited by guarantee (association) registered under the companies act of Sri Lanka.
LEARN Technical Assistance Center (TAC) is to provide remote engineering assistance in both networking and system administration to it member institutions.
Applications are hereby invited from system/network engineers of LEARN member institutes who has shown active involvement in development of his campus network , for the following post in our office located at the University of Peradeniya.
Responsible for providing assistance in configuration of network devices and servers, implementation of network monitoring system, network design, preparation of technical specifications, technical evaluation, implementation of new network services and troubleshooting network and its services.
Qualification and Experience:
a). A bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering / Telecommunication Engineering / Electrical and Electronic Engineering / Computer Science (4 years degree)
2 years of proven experience (after graduation) in campus network environment
b). A bachelor's degree in Science (3 years degree)
4 years of proven experience (after graduation) in network and system engineering with at least 2 years in campus network environment.
LEARN is looking for a talented young graduate who has experience and interested in working on following areas.
- ability to visit remote LEARN member institutes located around the country; not every day but few times a month.
- ability to work after normal working hours when required and in case of critical issues
- concern on failures of the network and its services on 24/7 basis
- working on Linux and BSD platforms for network services such as Web, Mail, DNS, LDAP, Radius, Proxy, SASL, Virus and Spam filters
- dealing with open standards and open source software/tools
- dealing with network/systems security
- dealing with VOIP systems and IP multicast
- development and implementation of new networks and their services
- monitoring and troubleshooting Networks/Systems
- actively handling customer requests while supporting them friendly
- dealing with other local network operators in troubleshooting and in new deployments
- ability in scripting (PHP, Perl, Python, etc.)
- ability and willingness to teach/share knowledge and experience
- ability in organizing training/workshop, conference, etc.
- willingness for participating in local and over-seas training/workshops
- willingness to stay for a long time with the organization
Contract period: 2 years
Salary: Negotiable (minimum Rs. 100,000 + EFP and ETF) for the contract period and if permanency is considered, it will be based on company competitive salary structure.
Other benefits: Local and over-seas training. Structured career path within the organization. Opportunity and support to engage in research/postgraduate studies on network technologies.
Application Submissions and Closing Date
Applications including a resume with the contact details of two non-related referees, copies of certificates for proof of qualifications and experience, and copies of other related documents should be sent by email (ceo at learn dot ac dot lk) and registered post to reach the undersigned on or before 28th April 2017.
Chief Executive Officer
Lanka Education and Research Network
Information Technology Center
University of Peradeniya