For Research and Education of LEARN member Institutes
1. Zoom Video Conferencing
Every staff member of LEARN member institutes shall use the LEARN zoom conferencing facility free of charge. You might use it for your regular meetings and distance education (virtual class room) up to 100 participants. They have to login to the system using their institutional credentials.
Click on Sign in and select your institute from the list (if your institute has been not been listed please contact network/systems administrator of your institute)
Then click Continue to enter your credential (which should be provided by your own institutional identity administrator)
Once you successfully logged in, you will get on to the zoom web page where you can schedule your online zoom meetings/conferences.
For any assistance, please contract network/systems administrator of your institute.
Please contact your LMS administrator to get Zoom integrated to your LMS.
Institutional network/systems/identity/LMS administrators should only contact LEARN TAC in case of technical issue in connecting with the LEARN Identity Federation. More techincal detail at: GitHub
2. Jitsi Video Conferencing Bridge
It is recommended to use jitsi on a IPv6 enabled campus networks (otherwise you might need a public IPv4 or private IPv4 with static NAT); if have an IPv6 connections issue, please contact system/network administrator of your campus.
You can host a meeting your self; no account needed. Just click on the above link to open the jitsi page on your web browser (Firefox preferred). Then type some text for your conferencing room name and click GO. You can share the room name (or complete ULR) with your remote parties to be joined. While you are connected, click desktop like icon on the lower right to share a desktop window (presentation). If you need a password for your room, you can add it on lower left conner and then you have to share it with the remote parties.
Jitsi mobile app for iOS or Android installed on your smart phone can also be used to connect to a meeting. Open the app and give the complete URL of the meeting.
- Blank remote video (black screen)
- refresh your browser page or
- restart the browser or
- try with different browser (Firefox, Chrome, Safari, etc) or
- upgrade your browser if you are using an old version
- Missing desktop sharing icon on the lower right
- use Firefox or
- install Jitsi desktop sharing plugging if it is available for your browser
- No video/audio
- your network has no IPv6 support, no real IPv4 or no IPv4 NAT support, you should contact your network administrator
- Poor video quality
- jitsi is a bandwidth intensive application if you are using it to connect a lot of endpoints at the same time. Go to the Manage Call Quality menu item to reduce the video quality (the menu is at lower left conner)
For further assistance or share your experience, please contract LEARN TAC