LEARN organizes one day seminar on "Facilitating Digital Conference Service to LEARN R&E Community" targeting IT Technical staff of LEARN member institutions. The target group is Systems/Network/LMS administrator from LEARN member institutions.
Digital Conferencing Facility (Zoom) received from BDREN Facilitating Distance Learning using Digital Conferencing Facility (fDLuDCf) of Asi@connect project provides enterprise grade video conferencing facility that you can use for regular meetings, conferences and distance learning/education. LEARN is going to provide a Zoom Pro account to individuals that allows to schedule/manage meetings them self.
The seminar is going to provides technical essential required for IT administrators in enabling the service to the institute and in assisting R&E staff of their home institute to make use of the service for R&E activities.
Venue: Plant Genetic Resources Centre (PGRC), Gannoruwa, Peradeniya (map attached below)
- Duration: 1 day
- Class size: 200
- Target group: Network/Systems/LMS administrators from LEARN member institutions.
- Program Level: intermediate
- Course fee: free of charge (refreshments and lunch will be provided)
- Date: 12th July 2019 from 10.00 a.m to 4.30 p.m
- 1. Linux Basis. Ref. https://ws.learn.ac.lk/wiki/linux2016
- Application closing: 5th July 2019
Note: This is not going to be a hands-on workshop, therefore you don't have to bring a laptop.
More details at
1. Dress code- smart casual
2. No bag packs, Laptops allowed to be taken inside (only a muted mobile
phones are allowed, we shall provide you a pen and a notepad)
3. everybody has to pass through security checking