The Lanka Education and Research Network (LEARN) is the National Research and Education Network (NREN) in Sri Lanka. We interconnect universities, other higher education institutes, and research institutes in Sri Lanka and provide networking related services to them. We are a company limited by guarantee (association) registered under the companies act of Sri Lanka.
Applications are hereby invited from citizens of Sri Lanka for the following post in our office located in University of Peradeniya.
Linux Systems Engineer
Responsible for day-to-day technical operations including maintaining LEARN server systems and Cloud Infrastructure run on Linux environment. The position is initially probationary basis and will be considered permanency based on performance.
Four year bachelors degree in Computer/Electronic Engineering or Computer Science from a recognized university.
At least one year proven experience on running various applications for network services on Linux environment. Experience in open source cloud infrastructure would be an advantage.
Age: below 28 years old
Engineer who has interested in working on following areas
- trusted expression of willingness to stay long time with the organization and ability to stay around Peradeniya (will be considered to rank highest in the list)
- ability to work 8am to 5pm on working days
- ability to work after normal working hours when required and in case of critical issues
- concern on failures of the systems and its services on 24/7 basis
- working on Linux and BSD platforms for network services such as Web, Mail, DNS, LDAP, Radius, Proxy, SASL, Virus and Spam filters
- maintain LEARN open source cloud infrastructure
- dealing with open standards and open source software/tools
- dealing with systems security
- dealing with VOIP systems and IP multicast
- monitoring and troubleshooting system services
- actively handling customer requests while friendly supporting them
- dealing with other local network operators in troubleshooting and in new deployments
- willingness to programing/scripting (PHP, Perl, Python, etc)
- ability and willing to teach/share knowledge and experience
- organizing training/workshop, conference etc.
- participating in local and over seas training/workshops
Salary: Negotiable based on qualifications and experience
Other benefits: Local and over seas training. Well organized career path within the organization. Opportunity and support to engage in research/postgraduate studies on network/systems technologies.
Applications including a resume with the contact details of two non-related referees, copies of certificates for proof of qualifications and experience, and copies of other related documents should be sent by registered post to reach the undersigned. Apply soon, no closing date, available until a right person was selected.
Head of LEARN
Lanka Education and Research Network
Information Technology Center
University of Peradeniya