LEARN organizes half day workshop on "Facilitating Digital Conference Service to LEARN R&E Community" targeting faculty and researches in faculty/institutional level. LEARN effort is to make R&E community aware of use of Digital Conferencing in R&E.
Digital Conferencing Facility (Zoom) received from BDREN Facilitating Distance Learning using Digital Conferencing Facility(fDLuDCf) of Asi@connect project provides enterprise grade video conferencing facility that you can use for regular meetings, conferences and distance learning/education. LEARN is going to provide a Zoom Pro account to individuals that allows to schedule/manage meetings them self.
The workshop is going to train faculty and researchers how to make use of Zoom in their R&E activities.
Venue: Seminar Room/Auditorium
- Duration: half a day (3 hours)
- Class size: 50+
- Target group: faculty and researchers
- Program Level: basic/intermediate
- Course fee: free of charge (refreshments will be provided)
- Date: as announced in faculty/institutional level
- Prerequisite: none
Note: We encourage you to come with your laptop and/or smart phone with 100% battery charged.
Instructor from the LEARN technical team
1st hour - NRENs, LEARN and Its Services
(NRENs, Inter University networking, Acadamic Networking, Commodity Internet, LEARN TAC, Training/Workshop, Eduroam, LIAF, Zoom)
2nd and 3rd hours - LEARN Digital Conferencing Platforms with hands-on
- A brief overview of Jitsi Video Conferencing Bridge
- Zoom features and its plans/pricing
- Scheduling/starting a zoom meeting, inviting, and join with
- Personal meeting room
- Screen/desktop sharing including AV contents
- Recording (local/cloud)
- Waiting room
- Breakout rooms
- Closed captioning
- Zoom inside Moodle
- Zoom room (Licensing and Hardware)
- Zoom room connectors (H.323/SIP) (Licensing and Hardware)
- Zoom Webinar and live steaming (Licensing)
More details at
|Date and Time||Institution||Venue|