The Lanka Education and Research Network (LEARN) is the National Research and Education Network (NREN) in Sri Lanka. We interconnect universities, other higher education institutes, and research institutes in Sri Lanka and provide networking related services to them. We are a company limited by guarantee (association) registered under the companies act of Sri Lanka.
Applications are hereby invited from citizens of Sri Lanka for the following post in our office located in University of Peradeniya.
Junior Network/Systems Engineer
Responsible for day-to-day technical operations including configuration and maintenance of network devices, network monitoring and troubleshooting, interaction with service providers and LEARN member institutes on technical matters, server configuration and maintenance, user support on technical matters, organization of technical training/workshops, technical evaluations related to purchasing. The position is initially probationary basis and will be considered permanency based on performance.
Four year bachelors degree in Computer/Electronic Engineering or Computer Science from a recognized university.
Undergraduates with pending result may apply.
Working experience after the graduation in LAN/WAN Networking and Linux Systems will be an advantage
Age: below 28 years old
Engineer who has interested in working on following areas
- trusted expression of willingness to stay long time with the organization and ability to stay around Peradeniya (will be considered to rank highest in the list)
- ability to work after normal working hours when required and in case of critical issues
- concern on failures of the network and its services on 24/7 basis
- working on Linux and BSD platforms for network services such as Web, Mail, DNS, LDAP, Radius, Proxy, SASL, Virus and Spam filters
- dealing with open standards and open source software/tools
- dealing with network/systems security
- dealing with VOIP systems and IP multicast
- development and implementation of new networks and their services
- monitoring and troubleshooting Networks/Systems
- actively handling customer requests while friendly supporting them
- dealing with other local network operators in troubleshooting and in new deployments
- ability to scripting (PHP, Perl, Python, etc)
- ability and willing to teach/share knowledge and experience
- organizing training/workshop, conference etc.
- participating in local and over seas training/workshops
Salary: Negotiable based on qualifications and experience
Other benefits: Local and over seas training. Well organized career path within the organization. Opportunity and support to engage in research/postgraduate studies on network technologies.
Applications including a resume with the contact details of two non-related referees, copies of certificates for proof of qualifications and experience, and copies of other related documents should be sent by registered post to reach the undersigned. Apply soon, no closing date, available until a right person was selected.
Head of LEARN
Lanka Education and Research Network
Information Technology Center
University of Peradeniya