Jitsi Video Conferencing Bridge
(for teachers and researchers of LEARN member institutions)
It is recommended to use jitsi on a IPv6 enabled campus networks (otherwise you might need a public IPv4 or private IPv4 with static NAT); if have an IPv6 connections issue, please contact system/network administrator of your campus.
You can host a meeting your self; no account needed. Just click on the above link to open the jitsi page on your web browser (Firefox preferred). Then type some text for your conferencing room name and click GO. You can share the room name (or complete ULR) with your remote parties to be joined. While you are connected, click desktop like icon on the lower right to share a desktop window (presentation). If you need a password for your room, you can add it on lower left conner and then you have to share it with the remote parties.
Jitsi mobile app for iOS or Android installed on your smart phone can also be used to connect to a meeting. Open the app and give the complete URL of the meeting.
- Blank remote video (black screen)
- refresh your browser page or
- restart the browser or
- try with different browser (Firefox, Chrome, Safari, etc) or
- upgrade your browser if you are using an old version
- Missing desktop sharing icon on the lower right
- use Firefox or
- install Jitsi desktop sharing plugging if it is available for your browser
- No video/audio
- your network has no IPv6 support, no real IPv4 or no IPv4 NAT support, you should contact your network administrator
- Poor video quality
- jitsi is a bandwidth intensive application if you are using it to connect a lot of endpoints at the same time. Go to the Manage Call Quality menu item to reduce the video quality (the menu is at lower left conner)
For further assistance or share your experience, please contract LEARN TAC