LEARN had two workshops recently,
1. Eduroam workshop
2. Deployment of IPv6 in Campus network workshop
NOC meeting 2017 (01 day) is to review the progress you have made and to share your experience of above two. Each institute are expected to do a 10 minute presentation of the same.
By definition, the network monitoring is the use of a system that constantly monitors a computer network for slow or failing systems and that notifies the network administrator in case of outages via email, pager, SMS or other alarms. LEARN believe that no institute can run a better network without having a monitoring system. It is a basic requirement for every institute to have a monitoring system. On the other hand system admin should be able to constanly measure the real network bandwidth and it performance to make sure that the each segments of network has no bottle necks. The two days workshop covers all essentials of network monitoring and measurement needed in a Campus network.
- Venue: Information Technology Center, University of Peradeniya
- Duration: 3 days
- Class size: 60
- Target group: network administrators/engineers from LEARN member institutions (one who deals with the campus network)
- Program Level: Intermediate/advance
- Course fee: free of charge (two nights accommodation sharing basis, refreshment, lunch, dinner and break-first will be provided)
- Date: 27th to 29th Nov 2017
- Prerequisite: Linux Basis. Ref. https://ws.learn.ac.lk/wiki/linux2016
- Note: Participant are requested to bring a laptop (4GB RAM, 25GB free disk space) with VirtualBox or any other suitable hypervisor installed Application closing: 13th Nov 2017
- Day -01 NOC Meeting (Progress review of deployment of IPv6 and Eduroam - 10 minutes presentation from each Insitutes) Day-02 - Day 03 SNMP LibreNMS Cacti Netflow Measurement tools PerfSONAR
For more detail visit https://ws.learn.ac.lk