Proper identity management has become an essential part of an institutional IT infrastructure and joining to a research and education identity federation provides global exposure to the institution and also to the academics/researchers of it. Not only the new services such as video conferencing, cloud services introduced by LEARN but also hundreds of other online services such as well known library services, international laboratory services, educational microsoft / google services and easy reach of research/fellowship opportunities, etc. could be reach-out by federated identity management.
LEARN objective of this program is to train system/network engineer on how to setup and manage institutional identity and then to join with LEARN identity federation.
- Target group: The Most Senior Network/System Administrators/ Engineers from LEARN member institutions (one who deals with the campus network). Two nominations from each institute (if you have more than 1 connection, 1 nomination each)
- Program Level: Advanced
- Course fee: free of charge (two nights accommodation sharing basis, refreshment, lunch, dinner and break-first will be provided)
- Date: 26th to 28th September 2018
- Class size: 60
- Location: Faculty of Graduate Studies, General Sir John Kotelawala Defence University (KDU) Rathmalana
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Prerequisite: Expert familiarity with LINUX command line and system administration jobs. Basic knowledge of security, IAM concepts, ldap, saml is an added advantage.
- Note: Participant are requested to bring a laptop (4GB+ RAM, 25GB free disk space) with VirtualBox or any other suitable hypervisor installed
- Call of Institutional Nominations Opening: 21st Aug 2018
- Call of Institutional Nominations Closing: 30th Aug 2018
- Selection announced: 31st Aug 2018
- Online Registration Opening: 1st Sept 2018
- Online Registration Closing: 20th Sept 2018
For more details visit https://indico.learn.ac.lk/e/iam2018